Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ambiguity can be beautiful

Blogs are hardly something new to me.


I am old enough to remember the modblog vs. xanga wars of the early 00's.


I remember the Dan Rathers scandal that made blogs mainstream.


I am part of a generation that considers blogs, or anything else over 140 characters to be old school.


So what is the purpose of this blog? As I graduate, I realize my community of writers is shrinking. I can no longer hand a friend a paper while in class, or participate in class workshops. Facebook is a soulless place, Tumblr is ignored by most, and I shut down my Twitter after a week.


So here we are--my latest venture, where I hope to regularly post my writing, primarily in the genre of the familiar essay. Some of these have been presented before through various mediums, but I hope to sprinkle a few new essays that I have been mulling over for the past few months.


I hope you enjoy--feel free to share.


-Elijah

2 comments:

  1. I love tumblr but it is awful for this type of creativity. I'm very interested to see what essays you post.

    ReplyDelete